Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Storing sw150p-ds

Hi peeps

Just a quick question for you really, will our skywatcher 150p-ds & Eq5 pro goto be ok stored in our garage, it is all fully assembled and ready to go.

Just wondered if the cold weather will cause any damage to it or not? e.g scopes mirrors/mounts electrics,motors ect. Its not damp in the garage just cold, also will the eye pieces ect be ok in there too .

Thanks Andy & Abigail

Not usually a problem in fact storing a scope somewhere cool and dry is ideal. I keep my reflector in the shed (well at 14' x 10' it's more of a workshop). Keeping it cold also means it is ready to go as soon as you set up. My only concern would be you cap the tube and then move from the warm house to the cold garage - that could cause condensation to form inside the tube as the warm moist air from the house cools inside it.

Try to store it on it's side so dust can't settle on the mirror so easily and never cap it when there is already condensation on the mirror - let it dry first.

HTH

Archived