Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Planetary imaging using a CPC800

Sammyb

Hello,

I had my first go at imaging Jupiter with my CPC800 using my DFK21. I've been attempting imaging now for a few years with a 200P but I noticed a few differences with the CPC800 I was hoping for some help with.

The image seems to drift on the field of view of the camera a lot more on the altaz mount compared to the EQ mount I was used to. When using a x2 barlow I kept needing to correct this to bring the planet back into the centre while capturing the 3 min avi. Is this usual? How is this overcome?

I also tried with a x3 barlow and the image scale was great - the planet looked like a massive dinner plate - however with the above issue any slight drift it was off the screen.

Also I'm interested in how to mount equipment onto the scope - for example so I can piggyback a DSLR or maybe guidescope in the future. I have seen images of mounting bars attached to CPC scopes but I wondered if anyone had any furhter info on these and how to mount?

Thanks for your help

Sam

Archived