Hello from Tenterden, Kent

peewee44

Thanks everyone for such an esteemed welcome!

I had recently heard that this area of Kent is indeed notable for dark skies. I'm about a mile north of the town and about 3 miles from Woodchurch where the Ashford Astro Soc. meet. Planning on joining them next Friday for a gathering. This will be my 2nd Astro meeting as I ventured to Mid Kents Observatory at Canterbury last Friday for my first ever view thru' a telescope. Wow! Despite cloudy skies generally, Jupiter decided to reveal for a short time and I can truly say I was thrilled!

The observe. scope is a Celestron 14" (C14?) and I will show the Mrs a picture to put the size into perspective against my soon to arrive Celestron 6SE !!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Peter and welcome to the forum! I find buying Mrs Marki dresses and shoes/boots at appropriate times (i.e., just before I buy a new or bigger scope or mount) seems to help ;). Generally she lets me know what she wants first though, and then hogs time at the eyepiece anyway! Seriously though, 6SE is a nice piece of kit, and I hope you get some nice clear skies to use it under soon!

Thanks Mark for the welcome and the tip! I can assure you this has already crossed my mind as I will have to reveal cost of new toy to Mrs Peewee soon!

Not sure there's room in the wardrobe for another £800 worth of dresses & shoes though!

Peter

Archived