Baader Hyperion Zoom Eyepiece & Celestron CPC 800

Hi All,

I've been into Astronomy for almost a year now and really enjoyed it. I'm thinking of selling my Celestron Eye Piece and Filter Kit cheap and replacing it with a Baader Hyperion Zoom Eyepiece. My only annoyance is having to keep changing eye pieces in the dark. I really feel this will be perfect for me. Does anyone have and experience with a Baader Hyperion Zoom (MKIII)? It will most likely be the only eyepiece i will own. Want to simplify. :)

Thanks...

Yes, go for it. I have this eyepiece and my reason for buying it was exactly what you said. the zoom eyepiece works perfect for me. the quality is excellent. since I have bought it I have never used my plossls and other eyepieces.

Naeim

Ordered yesterday, arrived today ( although I won't be home to use it until Fri worst luck).

After much shopping around FLO were the best deal as they we about £40 cheaper than ordering separately and £10 cheaper than everyone else.

fingers crossed for clear skies!

You might want a wider/longer FL EP as the exception also. The Hyperion zoom at the 24mm click is only 50 degrees aFOV, which in a CPC 800 shows only about 0.6 degrees TFOV...less than half what the scope is capable of. If you have no wish for wider views, or if you suffer from LP, then ignore this post :D

Following very good experiences with the fixed FL Hyperions, I have ordered a zoom & barlow.

The intention being to thin out my fixed Hyperions to recover some of the zoom outlay.

I'm thinking that the zoom will be replacing the shorter, rather than longer FL Hyperions as I quite like the wide FOV of the fixed.

After a clear night or two (months away?) I will have had a chance to make the comparisons.

Archived