Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skysync GPS for nexstar

mcbr549

I bought myself a new Nexstar 6SE for Christmas. I had a few problems getting alignment at first but got past that thanks to many of your input. I had a great time here in Houston last night. It was crystal clear and I was able to attach my camera and take some great photos.

My question is if anyone has had any experience using the a GPS with their equipment? It seems to me that it would allow much faster set up and daytime viewing which would be hard with the Nexstar alignment process.

The one built by Celestron seems very reasonably

Hi and welcome to SGL...

I have moved your thread to the discussions mounts board hopefully it will get a few more answers in here..

As I understand it the GPS unit will only really provide lat/long and time info to the scope it wont do anything more than that and you will still have to perform a star alignment if you want to use goto to find objects or track them with any degree of accuracy.

Peter...

Archived