NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ASI 120MM camera - quick first light

Hairycamel

Following a positive review by StuW about this new CMOS based camera, I took the plunge and ordered one from ZW Optical. I am very happy to report that it arrived within 6 working days and the communication/tracking details were fantastic - I felt as if I was following it around the globe as it made it's merry way here.

I started it up on the test bench (kitchen table) and was pleased to see great frame rates in Fire Capture; 30FPS at max res. of 1280 x 960 and 69 FPS at 640 x 480. Anyway, I got an opportunity to try it out very briefly tonight and things looked much larger with more detail than I remember with my SPC 900, but this is the start of my dabble with RGB imaging so I have a very long way to go! This is a quick ir filter only capture to start to get the feel of things and it was captured at 640x480 without a barlow as the seeing wasn't particularly brilliant here. I think there is plenty here to make me hopeful for the future.

post-15470-0-30779200-1355614045_thumb.j

Archived