Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

new ep for viewing jupiter

sunshine185

Looking for some advice on a new ep, should I get a 15mm plossl which I can Barlow down to 9.3mm or a 12mm plossl which barlows to 7.5mm? The eye relief will be shorter on the 12mm so do you think I'd be better off with the 15mm? Many people say they use 2 15mm TV plossls in a bv with great results. ATM I only have 20mm ep's.

The TV plossl comes in an 11 mm format, not 12. I sold mine as I didn't like the eye relief. The views were good though. I have kept my 15mm and plan to get some WO binoviewers and then double up on the 15mm. The eye relief is reasonable and the quality is excellent. Alternatives would be a BST Explorers at £47 each, with very good eye relief. I have the 12 mm, which replaced the 11 mm TV plossl and have been impressed so far. They come in 5, 8, 12, 15, 18 and 25 mm sizes. A cost effective way to kit a binoviewer out.

Cheers,

Mark

Just be aware that the TV Plossl design has a 50deg apparent field of view. The WO 20mm eyepieces that come with the binos have a 66deg apparent field of view. You will see a significant reduction in the FOV with a Plossl design, although what you will see with the TVs will be excellent. The BST Explorers have a 60deg apparent field of view. Decisions decisions........

Cheers,

Mark.

Archived