GRS animation, 10/12/12

JamesF

I wasn't very happy with any of the frames I captured over about an hour and a half or so of the GRS transit last night. Either my head wasn't in the right place or the seeing wasn't as good as I felt it was. Brain fade regarding the starting time of the transit meant I didn't capture the entire thing either, which made me a little testy at myself. They'd probably have gone straight in the bit-bucket, but as it was a solid period of continuous data I thought I'd do another animation, so here you go...

35 frames each stacked from a three minute capture with the 127 Mak and SPC900, processed with PIPP, AS!2 and Reg6.

I will, at some point, get the entire thing in decent seeing :)

grs-anim.gif

James

I'm on the lookout for a SPC900 but not willing to pay the rate they are currently going for on ebay.

They come up in the classifieds section and on AB&S every once in a while and generally fairly priced. Just need to be quick, I think :)

James

They come up in the classifieds section and on AB&S every once in a while and generally fairly priced. Just need to be quick, I think :)

James

There was one recently that came up on the classifieds section for £75 but I hesitated and it sold. The one's on ebay are heading towards the £100 mark. I would probably now pay £75 for one but no more. Just as well I'm happy with my new firefly mono camera, only cost £29!

Archived