Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2.5x or 3x for imaging??

nephilim

I've recently started imaging Jupiter with my Skywatcher 130m using an X-Box cam, last night I got a pretty good image using a 2x barlow (the one that came with my scope so not to great) This is one of the images I acheived Capture 12_9_2012 7_44_02 PM.bmp What i'm wanting to know is obviously a better quality Barlow would be alot better so i'm wondering if a 2.5x revelation or a 3x (maybe) Celestron would work well, also taking into consideration, my scope is only a 5.1" f7 at 900mm i'd only ever use a 3x for imaging but would that be pushing it.Thanks.

Yes 3x on Jupiter is a good way to increase the magnification of your image - tricky to keep the planet on the imaging chip of the xbox camera without a goto/driven mount though.

I use a x2 barlow at the moment for lunar/solar and planetary imaging but saving up for a 3x televue.

Telescope House stock them - http://www.telescopehouse.com/acatalog/TeleVue_3x_Barlow_1_25__.html

Yes 3x on Jupiter is a good way to increase the magnification of your image - tricky to keep the planet on the imaging chip of the xbox camera without a goto/driven mount though.

I use a x2 barlow at the moment for lunar/solar and planetary imaging but saving up for a 3x televue.

Telescope House stock them - http://www.telescope...low_1_25__.html

Thanks :smiley: , I did struggle slightly with the 2x but got there in the end, I'm just getting used to using the motor drive, I managed to get fairly still 1000fps avi's with Sharpcap after a while though. A televue is way out of my price range at the moment tho :sad: as im saving for a new set up so i'll probably opt for a cheaper one.

Steve

Archived