Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

attempt at M15 and M57

wouter

Hello all,

Tonight I had a frame of about 3 hours in between clouds, although it was quite foggy and windy and terrible skyglow.

It was actually only my 2nd night out to actually image, so still had to learn a lot.

I tried to do the drift alignment method, I thought it was good, but not good enough yet as I noticed from the pictures.

The wind got a play in that as well though.

Both images consist of only 4 light subs, 120sec at ISO 400, stacked in DSS and edited in Gimp.

equipment: Celestron C9.25 on CG-5 mount, focal reducer f/6.3, canon 550D, captured with APT.

I nearly froze to death, but I'm pleased that I could study some methods that are totaly new to me :)

kqlxO.jpg

4x2zk.jpg

If you have any comments or advice, I'd be glad to hear :)

Wouter

Carl,

Thanks for your compliment.

You are right I'm imaging from Brussels, not the center, but still close enough unfortunately.

Would a Light Pollution filter work in my case? or am I going to miss colour / details?

I have a skywatcher LP broadband filter (I also have a UHC and OIII) which I can screw on my T-adapter.

Are these for visual use only?

Wouter

Archived