Hello from Carolina, Puerto Rico

rafael1510

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rafael and welcome to the forum. Many of us here in the U.K have experienced poor observing conditions this year (...last year wasn't much better either), what kind of skies do you normally experience, do you have a problems with any light pollution? Please don't tell me you have very dark skies for most of the year as I shall start crying! :grin: :grin:

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Hi, I live in a mountainous area, though houses are cramped too close to each other, light pollution is not such a big problem. The real problem has been too many cloudy and rainy nights last year. This year weather has been much better. I don't have a telescope right now, so I have been spending time browsing websites for scopes and accessories, trying to figure out which one would be the best choice.

Now a re you sure you're not just saying that to make me feel better! :grin: :grin: Well you've certainly come to the right place if you want advice on kit and an understanding on how astronomy can be a great activity to participate in. Lots of experience and knowledge on here to share and remember, there is no such thing as a daft question, only the one you didn't ask!

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Archived