SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

LVW 8mm

Damo636

Guys. Does anyone on here use or has used an LVW 8mm and what are your thoughts on it? From what I can gather its pretty close to the XW's in performance but would be interested to hear your opinions on it.

Cheers

The LVWs are very good eyepiece. I have a LVW8 sharp, good contrast. Internal reflection is very well controlled. It's sharp to the edge in my f6 apo. The overall performance is better than my Pentax zoom, but I have never compared it to other fixed eyepiece of the same focal length.

Like its Hyperion clone, the LVW has a integrated 2" barrel, but without the 2" undercut.

Thanks guys. Nice report John, you were obviously impressed with the LVW. At the minute I am using the 13mm Ethos/Antares 1.6x to get to this focal length and find it works extremely well but I am tempted to add the LVW. Its less expensive than the the Delos and apparently very comfortable to use.

Archived