Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anyone have an EQ5(4)?

The Warthog

This is the mount that is intermediate between the EQ3-2 and the HEQ5. I would like to know if it attaches to the tripod the same way as the EQ3-2, with three lugs about 1 5/16" wide, with the tripod going on either side of it.

Thanks!

Hi WH,

I've owned the EQ5 and an EQ3-2 - I thought the EQ4 was Celestron's version of the EQ3-2 :D

The tripod legs (the aluminium type) fitted the same way on both the EQ5 and the EQ3-2 - in fact the tripods were interchangable. It's likely that the EQ4 is the same. Later EQ5's are fitted with tubular steel legs though which are a different fitting of course.

John

OK, thanks. The EQ5 and EQ4 are the same mount, but I haven't seen it in action. They have a Synscan version of the EQ5(4) that is heavy enough to carry My C6N handily, and possibly a heavier scope should I get one later.

Also, I can afford that mount if I save my pennies awhile. It's $849 in Canada, probably less in the states, under the Orion brand.

Archived