NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Control help

I have have had a couple of viewings with my new and first scope and so far so good :)

My only problem i am finding is moving the scope to track objects while viewing the night sky, I am slightly heavy handed and really stuggle when i need to keep objects in my ep.

Is there a handle or suggestion for my heritage 130p to help me move the scope smoothly while viewing ?

Any suggestions would be great

Thanks

Chris

Based on my experience the best advice is to just keep doing it and it will become more intuitive and you will get finer control as you get more and more used to it.

On specific tips I am not best placed as I need to 'nudge' something much larger, but do experiement with different hand positions etc. e.g. one ours Hubby always 'fine' nudges with one hand on OTA and one hand on handle, I can't get that to work at all for me and grip the upper end of the OTA.

I am guessing here but is part of the difficulty needing such small movements on the small OTA? Is there anyway you can attach something long to the OTA and then move that, so by leverage / proportionality the movement will not be as small?

Archived