Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NexImage 5 Solar System Imager (5MP)

sologuitarist61

I've found sometimes that it's cheaper to buy a new printer with ink included than it is to buy new ink cartridges :eek: In fact the one I've got now is only slightly more than replacement inks even though it's an all-in-one. With my last printer the foam pad that takes the overflow ink from cleaning was full it said and that it needed to be sent back to the factory to be fixed! What a ridiculous state of affairs! So I just bought the cheapest printer that filled my needs. I hate this "throw away" society! :( I might take the old printer apart sometime and see if I can fix it. If not there may be some parts I can make use of.

Many years ago I had a Lexmark printer that sold at Currys for £28 (told you it was years ago!!), when the cartridge ran out I went down for a new one and was told that it is £30, so I too got a new one and chucked the old printer out - ridiculous!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, i have just been bought the neximage 5 as a replacement for the original neximage camera and to be honest have only used it once as the sky hasnt been very clear lately. I managed to get hold of an image of Jupiter the other night and the difference in the two camera's is huge. I only set the neximage 5 camera on its lowest setting to try a quick photo and then stacked it through registax (500 images), the resulting image over the original is far clearer. I'm very impressed with the image that i managed to get (considering i'm a newbie), i'm now hooked and biting at the bit to get hold of an image of Saturn. I did consider not bothering with another purchase from Celestron after the carry on i went through over the previous neximage but i'm glad i waited for the release date and bought it.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a Neximage 5 recently. Haven't had much chance to play with it yet but my first attempt shows promise. The 5MP sensor is more than you need for planets. I think you would need to have it hooked upto Hubble to make use of that resolution! My initial tests show it's best to 4x bin down to 640x480 and image at a low but high sensitivity resolution. However when it comes to Lunar imaging I think the 5MP resolution will come into it's own! Could be the best Moon camera going for fine details of the lunar surface..

This is a quick tester from the other night

final_zps51b09ad6.jpg

Archived