Very basic question - sorry... And spec me some bins?

kirkster501

With the bigger Astro bins like the Apollos etc do they give a true and upright image? They don't do an inverted images like an astro telescope? Similarly, they give a correct left-right image?

My dad is after a good pair of them 10x70s or soemthign like that. He is interested in wide field views of the sky and the moon but also terrestrial viewing. He has a budget of about £700 or so, maybe a bit more. Anyone recommend a pair of bins and a decent tripod and bracket for that sum please? He was going to get a telescope but the "upside-downess" does not appeal to him.

Many thanks, Steve

A mod should be able to move it. Just ask one of the members in green or red! :)

I would say with a budget of 700 you will get a very nice of bins. Most likely a pair of the giant ones comparable to a scope

Now not every scope as I'm aware reverses the image. I don't think refractors do only reflectors. Bins are like refractors and my pair of optricon don't reverse anything (as far as I'm aware) I just point and look :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived