Hi, I'm new too :)

wouter

Thank you all for welcoming me so kindly :)

As soon as the skies clear up a bit in dreary Western Europe now and the atmosphere becomes more stable (less damp) I will be sharing my first photos on the forum :)

Btw Dave, Thank you for suggesting to start with a webcam, I have been thinking to start that way instead of immediately using the DSLR I have!

Wouter

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Wouter and welcome to the forum. "Making Every Photon Count" should form part of your research on how far you want to go with imaging. Given your recent purchase it looks like you are heading for imaging deep sky objects (galaxies and nebulae) which will certainly keep you busy! Imaging at this level does tend to start with rather a steep learning curve but once mastered, consistency will follow and great images are within your grasp - in theory anyway! :grin: :grin: Glad you could join us and hope the weather in Belgium is a little better than here in the U.K at the moment.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Hi James, thanks for the tip, I'm going to order that book. I think it will come in handy :)

The weather here is really bad as well, not as bad as in the UK I think, but bad in a frustrating way.

For the 4th time in 2 weeks the sky was really clear around 6pm, so I decided to put all my gear outside and set up and wait for all of it to cool down.

Then after half an hour observing the whole sky clouds over, after 4 times this is begining to frustrate me a bit hehe

We need a stable high-pressure area and cold continental wind from the east.

Hoping for a cold, steady winter :)

Archived