NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Logitech C270 HD webcam...

stonemonkeylives

I was just wondered if anyone has nodded one of these for AP yet, according to this website http://uk.shopping.com/xSBS-LogiLink-Webcam-USB-with-LED-and-microphone-LogiLinka-logitech-c270~PRDLT-91161081-105615118 its a CCD chip. Now only experience I've had with type of thing is the Xbox can which I think I damaged while modding. So while looking for another I came across this and wondered what you guys thought. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Most Webcam APs use Philips Webcams. they are so popular in fact that people manufacture 1.25" adaptors with threads that screw directly into them.

Since you think you may have damged your last attempt during the mod I would suggest getting a Philips webcam and an adaptor like this....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminum-1-25-Webcam-adapter-for-SPC880-SPC900-/110968736927?pt=UK_Photography_Telescopes&hash=item19d6408c9f

That being said there doesn't seem to be much wrong with the Logitec one you've selected. So long as it has a ccd sensor and can be adapted for your scope it should be fine. The trick I have found is in the sotware. You need to be able to set the frame rate of your video. 30fps is good for video chat but not so good for AP. I've found that 15-20fps gives you a much better picture despite there being less frames in the video to stack.

Hope that helps.

I've modded one & found it a real pain to use in sharpcap although I did get a pretty good image of Mars in the end after 2 hours. I think these cameras have a CMOS chip & not a CCD as far as I'm aware.

I posted a thread about it here.

Archived