SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What allows an electromegnetic wave to oscillate?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent stuff. I have just been to the ABE books site and ordered The Electric Life of Michael Farraday (since it's best to begin at the beginning) and James Clerk Maxwell, The Man Who Changed Everything.

When I've read 'em I'll be back to this thread for a re-read through it all!

Olly

Excellent stuff. I have just been to the ABE books site and ordered The Electric Life of Michael Farraday (since it's best to begin at the beginning) and James Clerk Maxwell, The Man Who Changed Everything.

When I've read 'em I'll be back to this thread for a re-read through it all!

Olly

Olly, JCM was a colourful character, but the life of Faraday is simply amazing when you consider his disabilities and the time period he lived in...

However I would also recommend reading the following,

Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen (sadly the only English Language book about this great man.)

Thomas Eddison

Nicola Tesla This is a list of books about him, I have several of them and they are all fascinating. Clear overlap in some, but nevertheless and interesting read.

Sir William Robert Grove . No specific book for him as far as I can tell, but he invented the Hydrogen Fuel cell in 1839....Yes that is right, 1839!! (It was then ignored for more than a century!)

Jean Bernard Leon Foucault : - inventor of the Gyroscope

James Watson Watt is another interesting character...

Archived