Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eyepiece for quality 107 f/6.5 refractor

Coco

I’ve decided to un mount my CCD for a while, take in some of the beautiful November views between the clouds, I’m kicking myself for selling my ES 14 100 degree eyepiece this Summer but ha-ho I can’t justify re purchase new and haven’t seen one for sale second hand this year. If one came on the market it would be over my budget anyway.

I still have a 2” diagonal and Antares 1.6 barlow, and my budget is less than £100, I’d like to see double stars , globulars, bright galaxies.

I don’t wear eye glasses ( yet ) and will be using the eyepiece in an obs so dew shouldn't be a problem..

Any thoughts peeps?

What other eyepiece do you have at the moment?

What about a 13mm Hyperion? You can change it to 8mm using FTR or your 1.6 barlow. Or use both to get 5mm equivalent.

Hi Keith, thanks for that, I have a GSO Superwide 32mm 2" eyepiece that ok in the centre and reasonable views, M27 looks great however stars at 70% look a bit out of shape..

Archived