good refractor scopes

That was my first scope lol

It will give good views of the moon and planets. There will be colour fringing and other defects but its a good starter.

Just don't spend money improving it because you will never get it back. Use it, enjoy it and if the bug hits get a better APO type doublet or triplet.

Cheers

Stuart

I recently sold mine to do just as Rossco suggested. I think for the money it's a very good scope, the size and weight are ok and the performance is just above the skywatcher 120. Not much in it when we had the two side by side but the Celestron had the edge.

I agree with the other comments - they are decent scopes if you can put up with a little false colour on bright objects. Don't pay a lot for one though as they seem to change hands for quite a low amount on the used market. In fact I'd say buy a used one as there is really little to go wrong with them.

Archived