Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eyepieces for an f/8 Newt

DaveS

As suggested by John, I'm starting a new thread.

What it says really, as I'm getting my 8" f/8 back into service, ideas for new eypieces to go with my 26 and 9 mm Mead 5000s

I'm thinking of adding something about 40mm as my widefield / finder eyepiece, either the WO 40mm SWAN (Taking my name in vain :grin: ) or the 40mm Mead 5000, perhaps the latter, and a 14 mm Mead to fill in between 26 and 9.

Now comes the problem:

Planetary / high power EPs

I have an old-fashioned likeing for Orthoscopics, so was thinking the BGOs, perhaps 12.5 , 6 and 5 mm.

BUT

With my astigmatism it either means glasses or a correction lens, either puts another element in the chain, but at least the correction lens only has to correct astigmatism without any of the other problems I have (Near sight and prism), and I'm not limited to long eye relief EPs

The other question is Barlow or not Barlow? Does putting more elements in the chain outweigh having a less convergent light path and a shorter FL?

Problems and decisions!

If anyone can help me come to a decision...

Archived