SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Laser Collimator

Zul

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Zul,

I have tried to reply with details of the Laser collimator that I made but keep having problems sending the post. I am getting the message "ERROR message too short" when it is a long description and includes 4 photos. I will reply fully when sorted.

Nigel

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry not to answer your question - but have you considered a simple and cheap diy cheshire /combination tool - no lasers. It's easy to make and there are plenty of resources online (I just made one today with bits I already had, loosely following a plan from Decembers Sky at Night.). Unless you have a high quality focuser I hear that it's better to stick with the Cheshire..

laser pens on ebay are really cheap. i thought about fixing one to and old rubbish 12mm eyepiece. that way you know it will fit in the eyepiece slot. to line up the primary mirror i was going to put a paper circle on the end of the eyepiece with a hole in the middle. that way the dot would appear on the paper if you had the focuser deep inside the tube. does that all make sense?

Archived