NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Battery pack advice.

Hello,

I've rung up Maplins and Halfords, they dont seem to do a 12v/cigarette lighter type of battery pack- they do one that powers of the mains though. May I have some suggestions for a battery pack please, that I can use to power a sync scan goto. I know that a celestron battery pack is available at about 80 quid- I am looking at cheaper options.

Cheers,

Prasad

7Ah is a little small to run a a mount and dew heaters all night (and lets be honest the first clear dark dry night we get, we will be out all night now its winter :lol:)

I have two of the 17Ah battery packs from Maplins (one for mount, one for dew heaters) and a 7Ah Celestron one.... the only one that ever ran out of power was the 7Ah one at Kelling, Spring, 2007... anyone remember how bad the dew was on the Saturday? I killed the 7Ah in 3 hours...

.... Kelling, Spring, 2007... anyone remember how bad the dew was on the Saturday? I killed the 7Ah in 3 hours...

I think I severely dented my 17Ah using a hairdryer so much that night!

I second Steve's comments re the 7Ah - its not really enough especially if you remember that most batteries don't appreciate being drained below 50% and if its cold the batteries performance will be hit...

James

Archived