Single RA EQ5 Motor

Morning all,

Just a quick question, I am getting the single RA motor for Christmas off of the family. A few star buddies have got them and one says you need an external powersource, just as a power pack, others say they run on a 'D battery'?

Ive had a look on various sites at them and none really seem to clarify how they run, i think it is a battery, but dont want to get one then realise i need external power also.

Many Thanks,

Matt

I also see youve found Uranus and Neptune in the 200p Porky. This is something i must try!! I saw Uranus at a starparty the other night but only in someone elses go-to.

Uranus was not as difficult as I thought it might be. I used Stellarium to find the position for the night I was going out and marked it with a post-it in my star atlas (no fancy goto here). Needed high magnification to be sure it was a disc. Not much to look at but pretty cool to be able to manually point my scope at a planet 1.8 billion miles away.

Neptune was a little harder to find and needed very high magnification and careful comparison with the neighbouring stars to be sure I was looking at the right thing. It really is tiny but just resolvable as a disc and a pretty light blue colour.

Archived