Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DFK 21AS618.AS

Stargazer Jack

Whats wrong with the post?

Seems OK, well I can read it and it makes sense, that's a good start.

Only thing is the reference you give seems a little different to what I can locate - FLO site = dfk-21au618as.

The specification on the camera fails to mention DSO imaging, I guess this may be owing to the 640x480 pixels, which they may consider too few for DSO work if serious. However I see no reason not to give it a go.

For exposures of a duration close to what they say the camera can do would mean a guide camera and scope so get the alignment as accurate as possible and try for a 30 second exposure (Driven EQ mount ), then increase by 10sec intervals until it all goes blurry. Then got back a step or two, good old trial and error.

If I have the camera reference completely wrong then maybe a mod will delete it all.

Digital cameras mean if it goes wrong then just delete the image and have another go.

Archived