NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Quick mount question

The Warthog

Cool! Thanks. I've seen motor drives for the Orion mounts advertised in the US for about half what they sell for in Canada. I want to motorize my EQ3-2.

For the future, I 'm thinking of an EQ5 with Synscan, which is affordable, and will hold my C6N nicely, but I want the motors for the mount, as the control stalks can be awkward.

Thanks again, eh?

For the future, I 'm thinking of an EQ5 with Synscan, which is affordable, and will hold my C6N nicely, but I want the motors for the mount, as the control stalks can be awkward.

Thanks again, eh?

WH, aren't CG5's pretty darn popular over there? I'm thinking there must be a few going cheap secondhand...

Tony..

Thanks again, eh?

WH, aren't CG5's pretty darn popular over there? I'm thinking there must be a few going cheap secondhand...

Tony..

They are popular, but you don't see them that often on the used market. If I saw one at a time when I had the money, I'd snap it up. They are about $200 more than the EQ5 with synscan.

I don't know how the recent change in the American dollar is going to affect things. I am planning to order stuff from the US as long as it is cheaper. The Canadian retailers haven't caught up to the change in the US dollar yet. That is why I am checking that the Orion is the same as the Skywatcher mount.

hallo friend with Goggles, :lol:

What would you snap up with? What is $200 more than ? Are you talking about CG5? but CG5 cost less that 400$, which means the EQ5 with synscan is only 200$ cost? And CG5 with whole computerized version costs less than 690$. The CG5 with Synscan costs around 600Euros, which according to currency value is still greater than the CG5 Computerised GOTO (leave away only the simple CG5 that Tony was talking about). So again, what is $200 more than EQ5 with Synscan?? And below that, your sencence sounds counter-reverse, "I am planning to order stuff from the US as long as it is cheaper". So if something is $200 MORE than EQ5 with Synscan, how and what is Cheaper; that made you think of buying from US?

Ok whatever the grasping of your posts..

I heard about this in many discussions that-

The Skywatcher line of products are by a original company called Synta(China), which also produces for the Orion. Yes the mounts are also the same. Only difference is the label.

Sincerely, Ketan.

Archived