Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

More Solar Images 13th Oct 12 in Ha

KE400

Hi Robin

Thanks, I agree with the blend being far better than the previous one. The 41 fits around 85% of the disk on the chip so merged 2 images in CS3, the BIG difference in the image is using CS3 to merge them. It does a fantastic job and leaves just tweeks to suit your likes with levels/curves/colour balancing again done in CS3.

You will love your new 41, makes life so much easier for full disk and I was chuffed-to-bits with its performance after waiting so long.

Think my solar kit is complete now, keep kicking myself that I didn't get to this point at the beginning of the year to catch the transit but there you go! Think I may of been able to get some nice images of it if I had the funds back then but can't complain, really pleased I've now got both set ups finally sorted, just need to try and get the planetary kit producing some kind of decent images haha!!!! (massive fail so far).

I got in to solar just for the transit and then didn't even go out to see it, since it was raining and misty at 4am. I am looking forwards to 9th May 2016 when Mercury transits the sun. I also like the idea of getting the space station as a transit.

I reckon we would be better using the 41 with a Barlow to get more detail, even if it does mean a mosaic of more pictures.

I thought about a spot of night time on Friday nite, but after we got back from dinner, it was too late to start. I was going to give it a go last nite but too much cloud rolled in. It has been June since I have had a go at any DSOs and even longer since I had a go at a planet. Jupiter isnt in a very good position for me until well after midnight so I am going to wait for a month or two for this years shots.

Archived