Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Alignmaster & Celestron

Hi Guys

I read in another post (that i cant find) saying that you use alignmaster before 2/3 star aligning your mount. oooooohhhhhhh i said and yesterday just having a play because it was cloudy i fired up the scope and alignmaster however alignmaster wouldn't talk to the scope until it was aligned.....

Am i doing something wrong?

You'll have to run through the normal 2 star align steps and any additional calibration star steps that you do (at least this is what I used to do for my CGEM) - this orientates the mount properly and maps it to the sky. This does not polar align the mount though - this is now where you need to run Alignmaster. I would still advise that you do a polar scope polar alignment at the very first step, before any star align or star calibration steps - that way you mount is at least already close to proper polar alignment - then run the align/calibration - then run Alignmaster.

HTH

Martin

Archived