NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I have made a dreadful mistake and need advice

rowan46

I may have essentially the same 80mm F/6 triplet (mine is APM-branded, but it is the same as the TS one), and I use the Nagler 31 and Nagler 22 most often in that scope. The 31 gives breathtakingly beautiful views at 15.5x and 5.3 deg FOV, and the 22 deliver 22x at 3.76 deg FOV. The latter combination has given me the best views ever of M31 and M33. The 17T4 is also absolutely great (the Pleiades are stunning). I have also used a Meade Series 5000 14mm UWA (similar design to the ES 82 deg) and that work fine as well. The nice thing about that little scope is that you can take it along to a dark site easily. It is also worth wile to look at Nirvanas.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thankyou all for the help. I remembered that a mate had bought a 13mm ethos few months ago seeing him gave me an excuse to look through it. Some have suggested that a 100 degree eyepiece may not be for me and so it has proved. I loved the clarity and sharpness of the views but goodness the weight of them and the fov was a bit overwhelming after my plossis. I am going to get a couple of bst's to tide me over then start saving for some delos or pentax xw they seem to suit me better. Thankyou all for your help.

Archived