Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ok what am i missing?

daniel-lloydw

so I have seen loads of posts on here on how to take photos of the moon and planets....

but every one is talking about long expos and something following planets and extensions.......

i dont get it, can you not just point a camera down your eyepiece and click. I got a pretty good photo of the moon with my iphone the other night doing just that?

I would like to take photos of the planets at some point but wanted to work out the basics long before I start

It's very easy to take simple photos by pointing the camera down the eyepiece (this is called the afocal method).

I use this: http://www.scopesnsk...ltra/PH047.html

The PH047 Ultra Afocal digital camera support simply holds a digital camera to the eyepiece. Most of my photo's have been taken in this way!

When they talk about long exposures they are referring to fancy DSLR cameras and long exposures require tracking mounts. Neither of which I own!

Archived