Aurora photography

Hello I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice,

I'm looking into buying my 1st dslr and I'm fascinated with the aurora , living in the north east if Scotland ( dundee ) we are lucky enough to be able to catch it,

I've done a lot of research but being a novice I get lost I belive low noise an long exposure is good

Can any 1 suggest or give me advice, I have a budget of £300-600 for a dslr been looking at

Nikon d3200 or cannon d600

Thanks

The Canon 600D and a wide angle lens or the 18-55 kit lens will give you good results. I would budget to add a remote release, the Yongnuo remotes on ebay are good value for money, this will let you take exposures longer than 30 seconds and also for a good sturdy tripod to avoid any movement of the camera during a long exposure.

This package at PC World might be value for money http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/canon-eos-600d-digital-slr-camera-with-18-55mm-zoom-lens-free-remote-control-additional-battery-11519881-pdt.html

Archived