NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Kepler and lots of cloud

beamish

You got me there Themos, :lol: TBH, I wasn't aware. Is that a good or a bad thing and how can I change it nxt time to improve?? I must admit I was a little disappointed in the final size of the image. It was one of the last AVI's of the evening b4 I had to give up due to cloud and rain, it was also one of the shortest AVI's and almost got trashed ! I'm certainly open to helpful comments so ..............

cheers to both yourself and Centroid !

good or bad, I can't tell you right now. It may be that the ToUcam at 320x240 is capable of a higher frame rate (compared to a higher resolution) before it starts "compressing" (and deteriorating) the signal. I use K3CCDTools to capture and I set the camera to 640x480 and 5 fps capture rate. The 5 is the lowest setting which means I need more capture time than a setting of 10 or 20. On the other hand, it is the setting that guarantees me no compression.

Yes, the resolution can be changed through some K3 menu, I can never remember which (the user interface on that thing is not optimal, IMHO). One thing that "gotchas" me is that the preview frame rate and the capture frame rate can be different. Experiment again and again until it actually does what you think it does.

TBH I think there is one out there, I'll take a look later !, It was an oversight on my part really, last night I had a fright, having played with the settings, I'd also then left the webcam's digital zoom on and could figure out why I couldn't achieve focus :lol: All's well now ,Ta.

Karlo

Archived