NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

PHD Wierdness... Please Help

Ok this is strange i fired up the scope this evening so i could have a play with my new QHY8L.

As part of the normal routine i also started up my QHY5v which i use for guiding, to my dismay thereseems to be what i can only describe as interferance or scan lines all over the place, panicing i thought there was something wrong with the camera but after playing for a bit i found that the problem only exisits in PHD.

I used GGVideo with the camera and that displays the picture perfectly as it always has and the way it always did in PHD previously. I have attached and example of both where the camera was stationary however i got much worse when the scope was moved.

It can only be either the ASCOM drivers or PHD itself but i have tried downloading new versions of both and it didn't help.

Anyone any ideas????

post-9689-0-98988900-1349645089_thumb.jp

post-9689-0-61643400-1349645096_thumb.jp

Its much worse then that once the camera slewed around it looked like an old anologue TV without an aerial in it. Ive used these PHD settings before, in face i use the 0.05 exposure time for a live view so i can align the guider and scope and the noise level was never this bad.

From the Phd screen shot you've use 0.5 seconds not 0.05 seconds. I would expect to use the 0.05 seconds setting in daylight for aligning the scope and finder

Check the gain setting in the camera properties which comes up when you select the camera in Phd as well

Archived