NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Currently have a 1 piece solid T2 adapter. Will this work with Baader Coma Corrector?

skyquest1028

I'm looking at purchasing a coma corrector (Baader?). I currently have a a solid 1 piece t2 adapter that connects to my cannon 1000d to my Orion XT8 for prime focus. From what I can tell it looks like I will need to purchase a new t2 adapter to get the right distance (55mm) from the coma corrector. Has anyone else ran into this? I spent $80 on my t2 adapter, I would hate not to be able to use it. At the time I though it would be better to just get one solid piece.

Does the coma corrector also help with vignetting?

thanks!

The Baader MPCC will work with a standard T2 ring, which is about 11mm thick. One side EOS and M48 threads on the other side. The MPCC screws into the M48 threads. The other side of the MPCC goes into a 2" focuser.

I don't know whether this configuration will reach focus on an Orion XT8. On my Celestron newt (C8N) I had to get a short adapter for the focuser in order to reach focus.

MPCC does not help with vignetting, but good flat frames should solve the light falloff issue unless it's severe.

Doug

Archived