Skywatcher EQ3 PRO Synscan GOTO

Hi,

Does anybody have any experience or advice on the above mount? I would be putting an Astromaster 130 on it which I know it would handle but what if I was to upgrade to a bigger scope, say a 200p? What other accessories would i require?

My needs would be just visual and webcam imaging.

Radders

Judging that in my experience a 200P mounted on an EQ5 is pushing the edge of an EQ5's capabilities, I think an EQ3 would not be able to handle a 200P. 150P Explorers are routinely mounted on an EQ3, and are used by a number of people, although I have no personal experience of how the mount copes.

A 200 on an EQ3 would really be pushing it. An EQ5 may be ok but you'll be spending good money after bad. If you are looking at future proofing your hobby get a decent mount. A Celestron CG5 GT is a cheaper heavier option which would serve you well.

I have the 150pl on an EQ3 and although the scope is great, the Mount is under a great deal of pressure. You can get half decent webcams but only if the sky is good, the mount is set up right and the wind isn't blowing. What you will spend on the goto for that mount will be better spent on a bigger mount.

Archived