Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HEQ5 and Skywatcher pier payload

Apostate

I wouldn't have my scope fitted without counterweights to balance it, your just asking for it to topple over and get damaged, plenty stories on here from people its happened to. The pier should have a designed weight limit either marked on it or in the documentation, the mount limit wouldn't change.

Thanks Danielle

I realised the pic showed the scope and mount without weights after I posted it - I'd just assembled the pier at the time and was checking out how much room it took up. The tube is normally stored separately. The pic was just illustrating which pier I was talking about in case somebody thought I was talking about a fixed one.

So the HEQ5 payload limit describes the capacity of the mount's mechanisms and leaves aside the load bearing capacity and vibration damping of whatever is supporting it? Okey-dokey.

Cheers

Archived