NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Creative Webcam Live! Ultra For Notebook

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me if this webcam is suitable for astrophotography? Its technical specifications state it has a CCD sensor:

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/819650/Creative-Webcam-Live-Ultra-For-Notebook/Product.html?searchstring=Creative+Webcam+Live!+Ultra+for+Notebook+Webcam+&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

What sort of adaptor would I need to use if it is?

Many thanks!

It look like the lens head rotates freely of the main board so might be difficult attaching it to scope, other thing is and more importantly, the lens opening appears to be too big for the standard 1.25 adapter unless the actual camera is very small and is normal 1.25 size. For me it's not so much the specs of the camera but the cost and taking it apart to fit a scope might not be worth it, just my penneth worth.

Jim

If you do a seach on the forun for the LifeCam I am sure there is a topic on modding it. When I say mod, in some cases it is just taking the case apart, removing the lens by unscrewing and screwing in a 1.25 adapter. Sometimes it is better the put a new case, a hobby box, on the cam board, but do a search and see what comes up.

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

Archived