Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HA Solar scope

I (on behalf of Refrewshire AS) recently received a Coronado 60mm 0.5A HA solar telescope from Steve @ FLO. (thank you soooo much)

Just to let you know how i am getting on.

I was allowed by our members to be the first to give it a run for its money.

The scope is well constructed, has a Helica focuser and comes with a pre mounted solar finder.

I personally have a new PST to play with and thought "just how much better can it get"

well the answer to that is "stunningly better".

I didn't believe that realtime views of the sun would be this good. (even after looking through the PST)

Prominences are so big and detailed, filaments are so contrasty and clear, granulation on the solar surface

is just breathtaking.

I am so glad that the Renfrewshire AS decided to purchase one of these a couple of years before solar maximum begins.

This will give all members interested in using it a chance to learn the ins and outs of using an HA solarscope.

If at some point i decide to take any images through it i will be sure to post them on SGL to let folks see just what it is capable of.

• 1 month later...

Archived