NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Depressing Light Pollution......

laser_jock99

All adds weight to arguements for switching off the lights and using lighting more effectively. Though it is very hard to disentangle the statistical impact on health that this study would imply versus the cases of people walking home drunk in the middle of the road because they cannot "see" the pavement as happened in a recent incident.

All adds weight to arguements for switching off the lights and using lighting more effectively. Though it is very hard to disentangle the statistical impact on health that this study would imply versus the cases of people walking home drunk in the middle of the road because they cannot "see" the pavement as happened in a recent incident.

Many times I've walked home drunk (in my youth) and I didn't see the pavement even with the lights on!

Driving home on the darkened bit of the A10 has improved the quality of driving. People slow down a little and give you more space. There's also no noise from youngsters after the lights go out, if you can't see each other doing daft things then it ain't what's the point.

Crime down 28% here and social behaviour is better, win, win scenario for me.

M There's also no noise from youngsters after the lights go out, if you can't see each other doing daft things then it ain't what's the point.

Crime down 28% here and social behaviour is better, win, win scenario for me.

You certainly raise a valid point there- well lit areas attract anti-socials, take the light away and they'll go elsewhere.

Archived