Ring @ 200x mag

gooseholla

So, after getting a low profile adapter for my 1.25" eyepieces, I tried out my beloved 8mm TMB designed eyepiece. Took a look at the ring nebula through it.

well... the sky was nice and black, and the stars all but disappeared. The star below the ring was visible. However, this magnification made it so that the inner part of the ring looked hazy and not clear. No inner star(s) were seen. The bottom part (by the star) was bright and easy to see. The right hand side was a lot fainter, and the top right side was getting hard to see, giving it this kind of pointed shape to the top part.

Was lovely to view it at such a high power. when I swapped back to c. 40 - 50x, I couldn't find the ring for a few seconds, was getting used to seeing it as a big thing rather than a small blurred star like object.

Image attached - no real detail seen tonight. Seeing was poor. Clouds coming and going, and hazy up there. Colours inverted, and contrast/brightness changed to see it better. Image has been blurred when getting it from paper to computer...

post-18054-0-14056500-1348086645_thumb.j

Archived