Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dslr and filters.

The_PSY3NTIST

Hi all

Just wondering how everyone uses filters while they are imaging with a dslr? I use the 500d with the t adaptor straight into 2" on the focuser of my 200p as using the 1.25 doesn't allow me enough inwards focus. If I was using the 1.25 I could fit the filters to the adaptor but how do I go about it using the t adaptor straight into the focuser? There is a screw thread on the t adaptor but it is in between 1.25 and 2" I would like to use filters without the dslr so I'm not too keen on going down the eos clip route (unless it's the only option)

Thanks

I use both an LP filter and and Ha filter, but I use the 2" versions because they reduce the vignetting that you would get with a 1.25" filter.

I can't advise on any adapters that will take the 1.25" filters, but if you decide to go the 2" route (recommended) then you will want something like the Max DSLR adapter: http://www.scopesnskies.com/prod/astro-engineering/astro-camera-adaptor/AC696-2inch%20to%20camera/DSLR.html You can also get adapters that let you use 2" filters with 1.25" eyepieces...

In my case, the filters screw onto the front of my (SW) coma corrector.

Thanks Shibby. Do your filters measure exactly 2" on the thread? Or is it more like 49mm. The back of the t adaptor has a 49mm thread which is a nats off 2inch. I just don't want to buy a filter and it not fit. I can't us 1.25 unless I move the mirror up the scope and I don't fancy doing that :p.

Thanks

Archived