Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

200P Secondary Mirror Spoke Roll Pin Fell Out

Hi All,

I was putting away my 200P after an AP session last Friday night and I noticed that one of the four external silver knobs that adjust the secondary mirror had fallen off. This happened because the very tiny roll pin that holds the threaded adjuster fitting onto one of the four spokes had somehow fallen out.

Has anbody else had this happen? Do you have any advice on fitting new roll pins? They seem a bit rusty so I was contemplating buying a new set of four, maybe stainless steel if I can find any the right size.

Thanks,

Pete.

Roll Pin 200P Secondary Mirror

• 2 weeks later...

This topic was possibly a little mundane and boring, so no one felt like posting. Anyway, for the record, I managed to find some replacement stainless steel, 2mm, slotted spring pins which are just the ticket, they fit really snugly (unlike the old pin) even though the hole is a larger diameter than that recommended for 2mm pins.

Pete.

Slotted Spring Pins 2mm

glad you got it fixed never seen that happen b4, strange as i thought the steell spring wedge would have kept it pretty tight [we use them on vibratory equipment to take slack up [albeit bigger wedges] but theyre usually pretty secure ,even with a load of vibration

Yes, it is a little strange, but maybe partly because the hole is a larger dia. than the recommended maximum of 2.1mm (Ref. ISO 8752) and maybe because the old pin "lost its springiness" somehow. It isn't very old, the 'scope was purchased new earlier this year, but I am the third owner.

Archived