Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NEQ6 bent bolt removal

Daniel-K

looking for some tips on how to get these bolts out whit out taking the mount apart, only had the mount 2 months and have only ever used a ed80 on it and the bolts have bent grrrrrrrr :mad:

i did have a try at taking the 2 side plastic caps off as per astro_babys guide but they are well stuck on ans dont want to brake them encase you cant get replacements

edit: Actually if you only had it for two months, wouldn't it still be in warranty?

i emailed the shop even though i hate complaining about stuff or taking stuff back i cant exactly go and buy another 1k mount, expecting them to say send it back and well sort something out I got

"The fix is to get them out and replace with the upgraded ones I suggested.

If you order asap I might be able to get you a set out tomorrow"

im not enthusiastic about attempting to remove these on a 2 month old mount so i replied asking if i tried to take them out will it damage the threads heres what i got

"The threads are rubbish so if the bolts don’t want to come out easily you’ll need to take off the side decals and get at them from there.

Get a handy man to take a look or you’ll only make it worse"

"a HANDY MAN" i actually fuming at this why should i have to get a handy man!

FLO would be able to get some spare decals for the side. It depends on how hard they are stuck down. My own HEA5 ones popped off with not much effort. Two EQ6S I have dine were both glued down too mcu. One EQ6 the logo side broke and the other EQ6 beoke both of them getting them off. Jnfirtunately yoh need both off to remove the bolt that holds the main mount component to the base.

Alternately you can saw the bolts iff leaving about 1xm of bolt showing, then cut a slot across the end of the bolt and use a flat bladed screwdriver to turn the bolt INTO the mount. If its not too badly bent it should deop out of the slot in the base of the mount.

Make sure after hacksawing the end iff you round the shoulders of the cut otherwise any sharp edges could damge the mounts threads.

Archived