Micro Four Thirds Cameras

Hi,

Has anyone had any issues with using an EP projecter for taking pictures, using a micro four thirds camera?

I have an Olympus E PL1 and a Astro Revelation EP projector and with everything set up, as per the manual, I seem unable to focus on either planetary or deep space objects. It's almost as if the focal range has altered and I need a longer / shorter tube.

Apologies if this sounds niave but I'm new to the world of DSLR's and still don't have the correct jargon!

Thanks

Hi,Has anyone had any issues with using an EP projecter for taking pictures, using a micro four thirds camera? I have an Olympus E PL1 and a Astro Revelation EP projector and with everything set up, as per the manual, I seem unable to focus on either planetary or deep space objects. It's almost as if the focal range has altered and I need a longer / shorter tube. Apologies if this sounds niave but I'm new to the world of DSLR's and still don't have the correct jargon! Thanks

It's normal with a camera like yours @ http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympusepl1 to replace the cam lens with a cam to 1-1/4" scope adapter to attach cam direct onto scope with EP removed - the scope focusing knob adjusted for a sharp image on the cam LCD view screen. Faint deepsky objects need a long exposures of many seconds or minutes duration but the moon and brighter planets can be snapped in brief exposures - just experiment and good luck;-)

Archived