Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Image with BKP250

owned

Shot this last night on a SW BKP250 (10" f/4.8) at prime focus on a goto GEM. Exposure was 160th and ISO was 100.

This is the first moon pic I've taken with a reflector and it went better than I thought. My usaul scope is a massive 6" f/12 refractor that takes very good planet pics, but I have to say that I'm not missing swinging a 7ft scope about not I have the 10" reflector. Both scopes weigh that same, its just that one is half the lenght of the other.

moon02a.jpg

For comparison here is a pic taken with the 6" f/12 refractor.

moon06e.jpg

Uuummmm, now having seen both pics on the same page I would have to say that the refractor has it. The seeing was much better on the bottom pic but I think with enough time I can get the reflector to take as good if not better pics as I can with the refractor.

Rog.

They are both lovely photos - I think the main advantage of the refractor shot, is the terminator giving more detail, rather than it being a better scope necessarily.

Knowing the yoga positions I've ended up in with a 120mm refractor, I don't envy you with a 150mm... I'm enjoying standing up straight with my new 12" dob!

Archived