HI,

Finally got my telescope the sw ex 200p. I haven't fully unboxed it yet, but do i need to collaminate it? if so is it easy as i still do not fully understand what collaminaing is.

Also can i also have recomended space objects to look at that the scope performs well in, and is it possible to see the sombrero galaxy on a clear night with no light pollution??

Hi Steve. You SHOULD be ok to use it straight away... see a previous post on collimation. as for the sombrero galaxy, yes it should be visible, but it will be a few months before it's available to UK observers.

It's always worth checking collimation if you can. If you don't know how to do it though then you need to learn how first and to buy the required tools.

There's a whole pile of potential things you might look for here:

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/157605-august-2012-celestial-calendar-observing-notes-co-dave-mitsky/

With no LP on a clear night you can certainly see the Sombrero Galaxy. Just not now. Quite probably not even for the rest of this year.

James

Thanks, what eye peice will i need to get a good view? i know it will most liikely appear to be a dim grey smudge but is it possible to acctually "see it" if you know what i mean? the other object i forgot to ask about was is it possible to see neptune? and again if possible what eyepiece?

Thanks again

:icon_farao:

Archived