Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

TV Barlow in TV 2" diagonal

Bender

I am waiting for a newly acquired 4" f8.6 refractor. I currently own only a hand full of orthodox and given that I don't find much time at the moment to go out stargazing i don't think I can justify to splash out on a full set of eps.

I was thinking it would be a sensible option to get a Nagler 16mm and the 1.25" tv 2x and 3x Barlow. This would cover the 2 and 1mm exit pupil category and gives my an additional higher mag ep for better nights.

With the long barrels of the tv barlows I was wondering if they would fit in a 2" TV ever bright diagonal with 1.25 - 2" reducer without hitting the mirror.

With the long barrels of the tv barlows I was wondering if they would fit in a 2" TV ever bright diagonal with 1.25 - 2" reducer without hitting the mirror.

HI, I've just got out my TV Pronto with its 2" mirror diagonal, and my 1.25" TV 2x barlow. With the 1.25" to 2" adaptor, there is plenty of clearance between the end of the barlow and the mirror within the diagonal. I took out the diagonal so I could look into it from the 2" nosepiece that inserts into the focuser. The only way I can see a problem is if using a low-profile 1.25" to 2" adaptor, that would put the barlow further in.

Hope that info helps.

You may have seen my enquiry about using the Nagler 16T5 and a barlow, so seems like great minds think alike :grin:

Regards, Ed.

Thanks Ed, in the end I ordered a Pan 24 (expect this to be my mostly used ep, not a big fan of heavy 2"er especially on an alt az mount) and a Nagler 9mm for the average mediocre suburban sky on planets and the moon.

Guess I use my orthos to figure out which focal lengths could be nice as well in an widefield ep.

Archived