Price for a used Syncscan EQ5 goto upgrade kit

prasadka

Hello,

With the prices of the skywatcher syncscans dropping and a new one available now for 315 Pounds, what do you reckon would be the price for a reasonable used kit from anyone that is upgrading? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Prasad

Not entirely sure it's the sort of thing that's likely to come up for sale on the second hand market to be honest - once you've fitted a goto kit, why would you remove it?

It's not like there's another upgrade to progress to - the next step is a new mount.

Cheers,

Chris

The problem is he is asking for 300 for it which I think is a bit high, considering that a new one from FLO is available at 315. Firstly it is used kit, without any guarantee of any kind, which is why I was thinking if any one here were to sell just their goto upgrade kit, how much would they sell it for, given that a brand new one for retails at 315. (I know it is very subjective, but a guideline will be helpful).

Regards,

Prasad

The GOTO has only been availiable for just over a month so there won't be many (any??) out there S/H. For the sake of saving £15 (or £50 for that matter) I'd just buy new....you won't find a S/H bargain on this kit, it hasn't been out long enough.

If you're looking to get the GOTO upgrade, it may be worth your while just selling your undriven mount and just buying a new CG5GT, the hassle of selling it would be offset by not having to install the kit yourself. I think money-wise there wouldn't be anything in it either. An almost new CG5 is worth roughly about £100 (a bit more perhaps), and £315 for your upgrade. It's only £425 for a CG5GT new.... Or for a few quid more, an HEQ5 ;)....

Tony..

Well. It may not be so much of a hassle for me to sell it. My mount is spanking new and about 4 days old and I might discuss that with Adam. But I am told that the syncscan is much nicer than the CG5 GT.

OK.. so another question now.. Is it that much of a hassle to install?

Cheers,

Prasad

Archived