Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Vixen MT-1 or compatible motors

haitch

Hi

I've posted a wanted but failing that does anyone know where I can source (at an affordable price) a declination motor and clutch setup for a GP/EQ5 that is compatible with the Vixen Hand controller?

Frustrating as last year I had 2 sets of the Vixen type drive clones with the DIN plugs that I let go as I thought I was moving away from Eq mounts :/

You can still buy MT1 motors from vixen dealers, such as Astronomia.

You should check with Vixen UK about your hand controller's compatibility with current MT1 motors. I had a DMD3 and MT1 motors, but the motors were from an older generation and I was told by Vixen UK that my motors aren't compatible with the current DD3 controller. I guess new motors may also have problem with older controllers.

Thanks for the replies guys - I hadn't been back as I hadn't realised I don't seem to get reply notifications these days :/

I'd seen MT1 motors for sale but only from overseas and £££s! I think you're right Keith about compatibility - the number of pins changed at some point from something I read before.

I've managed to get hold of some similar motors but it would be good to get an original. Peter, I've sent you a PM.

Cheers

Archived